Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Tornado, errr... Mothers Day...

It's been a weird start of 2008 as far as the weather is concerned. Missouri only has 50 tornadoes per year on average, and as of today Missouri has seen a total of 108 tornadoes this year! Yikes.

My week was pretty serene. I went to Dallas Wednesday (which took forever due to the airplane dodging all the thunderstorms that were lined up from Texas to Missouri. They even had DFW shut down, so there towards the end, we had to dodge some other airplanes that were circling while we tried to make it into love field.

By the way- the picture to the left is real. This picture was caught in June of 2004 somewhere in Kansas. You can read about it on APOD's web site here.

But today was Mothers day, and that's the important thing here! I'm glad I can look beyond the beatings of the wooden spoon and being grounded for taking that extra soda pop! Life was good growing up, and it's in large part to mom. I still remember like it was yesterday those days mom picking me up from pre-school. We usually would walk, and I can remember the thrill of seeing mom's head come up from around the hill on the side of the street. I remember all the times she would show up to my school functions (and usually bring Grandma with her)! She kept us busy in the summer and always had something fun to do for us. I know I taxed her big time through life though, but it wasn't anything a wooden spoon couldn't take care of! To this day, my bro and I still can't count how many wooden spoons that were (rightfully) broken over our b-hinds!

We did a lot of mothers day stuff today. We started out by celebrating Dana's motherly being, and then followed up by seeing Dana's mom. We then went over to moms for a bit and also gave mom and dad their anniversary card. It will be their 35th this coming Tuesday! We even made it back out to see them this evening and shared a few laughs with them. Grandma and Grandpa were there as well! It was a swell day!

No comments:

Post a Comment