Monday, May 19, 2008

Those were the days...

I remember the days when I could fill up the ol' Ford 150 and never feel like I was getting ripped off. That's when I was making just a bit over minimum wage. That's right! I never thought twice about the emissions I was outputting as well.

What happened to cause such a spike over the last year? Yowzer!!! The price increase in gas has definitely had an impact on my family. We watch what vehicle we take when and for what reasons. We have a Ford Fusion that Dana and I car pool in to work (we both work at the same job), and the Durango is used when we have all the kids together. I now think twice when the day comes that Alex wants to start driving. If I can't afford gas for myself, how can Alex who doesn't even have a job afford gas for a vehicle???

It all for the best though. Who needs to drive aimlessly around town when you don't have anything better to do? I remember I used to do that all the time. Now I just go for a walk. Much better I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment